To use an old wooden cabinet in a wet and humid environment of antique bathroom vanities you should take some time preparing the wood. Proper preparation will preserve the wood of old and enhance your beauty, restoring it in a good condition and allowing your style and elegance shine.
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Convert Antique Bathroom Vanities
- Remove the original finish of antiquity. Sand the finish using fine sandpaper, grain 100 to 150. Clean the surface after sanding with a damp cloth.
- Chemical remover clean timber with water. Use 120 grit sanding until the surface is smooth to the touch and then use 220 grit sandpaper Clean with a damp cloth to remove any residue.
- Although there are different varieties of stains, base oil is the best choice for wood that is in the antique bathroom vanities.
- Remove excess stain with a clean cloth and allow the wood to dry completely. Apply a very thin coat of sealer on the dry surface.
- Apply the sealant in several layers, sanding between coats. Uses a polyurethane sealant medium to high gloss and finish as it is waterproof and durable.
- Select a mirror with an elegant touch of antique bathroom vanities to complement your antique dresser restored. Hang the mirror on the wall directly behind the toilet or hold it to the toilet itself.