A kit can be mounted on a bathroom wall behind the bathroom mirror. The mirror then mounted hinged to the wall and opens to access the contents of the cabinet. Medicine cabinet mirror are generally used for storing toiletries such as medicine, toothpaste or makeup.
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Install Medicine Cabinet Mirror on a Wall
- Measure the width and height of the medicine cabinet mirror you are installing and draw a shape on the wall that is 1/4 inch larger in each direction, centering it over the sink and placing it at the point where want the mirror.
- Cut the drywall using a drywall saw or knife.
- Cut any nails that may be running from the area where you will be placing the kit, using a hand saw or circular.
- Measure the distance between the two poles is inside the wall on either side of that short hole.
- Cut two pieces of 2 by 4 inches horizontally fit between the two poles closer to the vertical hole.
- Screw through the ends diagonally and the posts they are getting into.
- Place the kit into the hole and secure it by tightening the flange at its edge and the horizontal pieces you just installed.
- Install the mirror on the medicine cabinet mirror mounting hinges on the edge of the cabinet or wall near it.