Fixed curtain panels are an excellent choice for windows in difficult places or for those who already have blinds or other treatments to control light and provide privacy. Fixed curtain panels provide softness and color to the window without the expense of fully operational curtains.
Instructions of make curtain panels
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Make Curtain Panels
- Measure the width of the area you want the curtain drape. This is often 18 inches by a window or between windows. Doubles the amount of the width to the width of your fabric decoration.
- Measures the height from the top of the mooring posts back to the floor. Add 6 inches for the decorator fabric, and 5 inches for the lining fabric.
- Fold the bottom edge of fabric decoration 1/4 inch and iron. Fold the fold over 2 inches and sew a hem stitch.
- Place your decor fabric face up. Place your lining fabric face down. Place pins along the right edge to 1/2 inch.
- Iron curtain with fabric liner centered on the decoration. Because the liner is not as broad as decorative fabric, seams are moved inwards allowing this fabric wrap the back with 2 inches on each side.
- Fold the top edge over 1/2 inches and sew a seam. Fold the fold over 3 1/4 inches. Cut the buckram to the width of the curtain panels.