A cheval mirror is a full length mirror that rests on a support that rests on the floor. A pivot screw on each side of the support arm allows the mirror to tilt vertically. Cheval Mirror is normally set in heavy, decorative rectangular or oval frames. To hang the mirror standing, you must first remove its stand.
- Place the cheval mirror on a flat surface. Remove the mirror bracket by loosening the bolts or screws from the support arms.
- Drill a pilot hole through each brand, using a drill bit with a smaller diameter threaded rods screw eyes.
- Pass the end of the picture wire through the left lower eye screw, leaving a tail end 4 inches.
- Take the horizontal wire near the top of the frame with your thumbs, within about 4 inches apart.
- Grasp the top center of the wire in two locations, 4 inches apart. Consider the distance from the wire to the top of the mirror frame.
- Drill pilot holes for each pilot hole in the wall marks. If you feel the drill going into a stud framing, stop drilling.
- Install wood screw or anchor in each pilot hole.