If you want to encourage reading in your child better idea to have the books at hand possible. The tutorial I leave today explores a possibility that they recycled pallets for a pretty and practical bookcase headboard.
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Make a Header Bookcase Headboard Pallet
1 to 2 pallets (which comply with the regulations), gloves, spatula, sandpaper, brush, roller, subway, pencil, cloth, satin, stops for shelves, wooden shelf, saw Woodworking
Steps by step to make bookcase headboard:
- Cleaning the pallet
- Plug all the holes and damage the wood pallet with plaster using a spatula
- Once dry the plaster, sanding.
- Paint the entire pallet with white paint
- Once dry, it was decided to paint stripes in purple to match the decor of the room.
- The shelf of the bookcase can be drawn from another pallet as it has the proper width, it would have to cut it long. If you prefer, you can use wood
- If you are going to use wood has another pallet repeat the points 1, 2, 3.
- Measure and mark four points of the pallet to put caps on the shelf.
- Place the shelf above the brim and you have ready the bookcase headboard.