Installing a ceiling fan can you do yourself for better room atmosphere, it will be easy and simple to do by following these instructions. Replacing a device for lighting a room with installing a ceiling fan with light requires three wires to connect the device with two wires that light from a single light switch or place a third wire behind the wall and install a second switch.
12 Photos Gallery of: Installing a Ceiling Fan with Three Wires
- Turn off the breaker for the room where the ceiling fan is installed. Never trust the light switch as a power disconnect.
- Mount the ceiling fan according to manufacturer’s instructions. Let the two wires coming out of the ceiling electrical box and the three wires exposed fan the same side of the ceiling fan support.
- Wrap the copper wire from the ceiling electrical box around the green screw ceiling fan support. Tighten the screw with the screwdriver.
- Wrap the white wire from the ceiling fan around the white wire from the ceiling electrical box. Place a twist connector this pair of wires.
- Combine the remaining two wires in the installing a ceiling fan to the black wire from the electrical box. Twisting the ends of the three wires together and cover with a twist connector cable.
- Press both sets of wires into the electrical box in the installing a ceiling fan. Finish installing the ceiling fan.