The electrical part in floor lamps is quite simple. There are two wires from the two terminals on the wall outlet to outlet. In between, there is a switch that turns on and off. The big challenge is not to unite but to design an attractive body for the lamp.
12 Photos Gallery of: Making Floor Lamps
- Purchase a set of floor lamps and Resources. It should have a cable, plug, switch and a stick. All hardware and business reforms games sometimes sell lamps.
- Get over your body floor lamps pipe. PVC pipes and bamboo are quite inexpensive, lightweight and easy to handle.
- Prepare your pipe. Make a hole near the bottom of the tube to leave the cable. If using bamboo takes a metal pipe and heats the end of a burner.
- Watch the cord. There will be two wires, one attached to the tip of the plug and the other end thin.
- Thread the wire through the hole in the side of the base to come out on top. Hold in place with tape while inheres.
- Prepare a base. Any piece of flat and thick wood like a broken bench seat will be fine.
- Connect the cable to the socket. There will be two metal screws or pins protruding from the socket.