During the holidays, you can entertain yourself by making a series of homemade placemats to give a personalized touch to any table. Mats do not require a sewing machine, or indeed any seam. You can create placemats without spending more money than the cost of the fabric.
Instructions of making placemats
12 Photos Gallery of: Making No Sew Placemats
- Search the aisles of your local store crafts or fabric material and interlining for placemats; be sure to buy only those fabrics that can withstand ironing.
- Calculate the amount of fabric you will need. A tablecloth that measures 21 by 16 inches adequately covers a plate of food, napkins and silverware.
- Wash the fabric before working with her to make sure that none of the colors if liquids are spilled on the tablecloth.
- Cut the interlining an inch shorter than the area of the tablecloth so that fits entirely within the web space.
- Set your iron to “wool”, allowed to reach the required temperature.
- Press and leaves the iron on interfacing for 10 seconds once you’ve reached the desired temperature. Lift the iron and place it back elsewhere.
- Let the cloth cool after ironing interfacing.
- Make straight cuts on the edge with scissors to fabric to make a decorative ribbon. Cut only from the outer edge to the top of the interlining to the Ribbon.