The rolling part of a roll top desk called drum, a section of an old desktop thin planks that are flat on one side and the other often rounded to give a textured appearance.
Instructions of roll top desk
12 Photos Gallery of: Making Roll Top Desk
- Measure the width of the area of the slide and the distance from the top rolling to the writing surface.
- Divide the measured length of the area of the sliding cover by 3/4 inch (1.90 cm) to set the number of strips you need roll top desk.
- Sanding plates 3/4 inch (1.90 cm) from both sides with a stationary sander.
- Plaques pushed through both sides of an assembly. The two sides should be perfectly parallel.
- Round the sides of the boards with a router and a drill rounding 3/8 inch (0.95 cm).
- Cut a strip of denim two inches (5.08 cm) more narrow and one inch (2.54 cm) longer than the strips with scissors denim.
- Glue applied to the flat drum back of a bar. Place it through the bottom of the fabric one inch (2.54 cm) above the bottom.
- Spend a rubber roller on top of the slats with a movement from left to right. This eliminates any air bubbles in the adhesive and ensures better adhesion.
- Paste the wooden handle in the center of the bottom strip of denim 1 inch (2.54 cm).